Cooperative Innovations is looking for a passionate experienced Environment Artist to join our Multiplayer VR team.
Cooperative Innovations is a ground breaking Virtual Reality technology company working on top quality VR experiences and games.
We’re a diverse, welcoming and engaged team – and now we’re looking for even more excellent people to join us! We want to lead by example in the games industry – we don’t do crunch and we have a broad set of nice benefits.
As an Environment Artist, you will be responsible for creating high quality environments, assets and props for immersive entertainment.
Please ensure you provide a portfolio along with your application.
As an Environment Artist you will be involved in many aspects of environment design, the creation of hard surface assets and world construction, from architecture to props and level dressing.
Working closely with the wider development team, you will be working on immersive worlds and hit the quality benchmark needed for your work.
Knowledge, Skill and Experience
- Visual flare and talent
- Skilled in 3ds Max or Maya
- Experience with ZBrush & Photoshop
- Experience of games development pipeline/environment/engines
- Good artistic eye for composition
- Love of visual environment creation
- Willingness to contribute across the wider game and studio.
- Desire to work in VR, AR and other new immersive technologies.
- Experience with Substance Designer and Painter
- Experience with Unreal Engine, or Unity
- Knowledge of texture painting & vertex painting
- Experience creating environment designs for VR
- Proven experience implementing game environments
- Lighting experience and ability is a plus
- 2d concepting or technical Art skills always a plus
Why join us?
Here at Cooperative Innovations we are completely committed to providing the right working environment and atmosphere for our developers, with the right workplace benefits and bonuses to suit everybody. As well as offering a fantastic studio environment, we allow and even encourage our team to work remotely when possible.
We highly recommend and encourage people from all backgrounds to apply.
Some of our workplace benefits include:
- NO CRUNCH
- A diverse team of lovely people
- 30 holiday days plus UK bank holidays
- Flexible working hours (37.5 hours/week as long as you’re available between 11:00 – 15:00)
- £50/month allowance to go towards physical and mental healthcare (gym membership, meditation lessons, yoga, whatever works best for you!)
- £500/year towards professional development – conferences, software, hardware…
- Childcare voucher options
- Company pension
- 1 day/month dedicated to self learning and additional experimentation
- An amazing Central City location within metres of Leeds train station
- A roof terrace to enjoy on warm days overlooking the city!
- Access to shower facilities
- Cycle racks
- Help with your home hardware setup if working remotely
- Profit share options